Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #83
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Re: Apicella Auto Sound Demo Vehicle - 2019 Volvo S60 R Design

Got my vote in. Top notch installer without a doubt, but he also stands out with customer support. He spent several minutes on the phone with me before ever receiving a dime. I don't know of any business owner, let alone stereo shop, that would do that. When I dropped off my car he spent time with me going over the install then showed me around the shop. I listened to his car and Kevin's car. Then when I picked up my car, he made me feel welcome, introduced me to his friends, bought me lunch and asked a former IASCA judge to listen to my car. I'd like to think Nick brought him in just for me Lol.

4. Back To Top    #84
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    Got my vote in. Top notch installer without a doubt, but he also stands out with customer support. He spent several minutes on the phone with me before ever receiving a dime. I don't know of any business owner, let alone stereo shop, that would do that. When I dropped off my car he spent time with me going over the install then showed me around the shop. I listened to his car and Kevin's car. Then when I picked up my car, he made me feel welcome, introduced me to his friends, bought me lunch and asked a former IASCA judge to listen to my car. I'd like to think Nick brought him in just for me Lol.
    Thanks! Funny enough, on the "industry only" voting form, there are other sections you can vote for. One of them is best customer experience, which i don't get why they would close that off to consumers. Its not like the industry guys would know other shops customer experiences lol

And Ha! He was a judge from the 90's and was there to get a quote for an install. Nice dude. Steve Head sent him my way

5. Back To Top    #85
    Real Name
    Nick

figured i'd make my installer of the year submission video public since everyone else has been posting them on social media..

Last edited by SkizeR; 08-29-2020 at 10:08 PM.

6. Back To Top    #86
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by agm View Post
    Ok, I know this may be a dumb question, but I ALWAYS have wondered: Do subs in the trunk impact rear deck speakers? Is there something that has to be done for them not to interfere? Even if the speakers are mounted to the rear deck, and the subs are on the package shelf under them? How would/do you mitigate that?
    If you're running the subs firing forward, you could seal the subs to the bulkhead opening like you would with an IB setup, and if you were firing them rearward, you could build enclosures for the smaller speakers. I think those options would mitigate the effect the subs would have on the rear deck speakers as much as possible.

Just my $.02

Jay

7. Back To Top    #87
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    If I could afford to take cars to anyone, I'd come to you first.

Voted
    Yeah. I do this for a living, and if I could afford to pay my bills with some other job, I'd do it and drop my car off to him. lol

8. Back To Top    #88
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    If you're running the subs firing forward, you could seal the subs to the bulkhead opening like you would with an IB setup, and if you were firing them rearward, you could build enclosures for the smaller speakers. I think those options would mitigate the effect the subs would have on the rear deck speakers as much as possible.

Just my $.02

Jay
    Yup. Also, I dont think it has nearly as much effect on the rear speakers as one would think.

9. Back To Top    #89
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Yup. Also, I dont think it has nearly as much effect on the rear speakers as one would think.

I agree. But people believe what they want to believe, and if it makes them feel better....lol

Are you going to post a thread on the Cima build since there is no SEMA (build)? lol

Jay

10. Back To Top    #90
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    I agree. But people believe what they want to believe, and if it makes them feel better....lol

Are you going to post a thread on the Cima build since there is no SEMA (build)? lol

Jay
    When its done