Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2004 Toyota Sienna

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: 2004 Toyota Sienna

I haven't measured the airspace of the dash pods yet, but it's sounding like it might need to be bigger. The 4.5" Seas are high passed at 160hz and the bottom end of vocals are much to prominent than the rest, even after -6db cuts
    The spec sheet shows a nice curve with the driver in a 2.5 liter sealed enclosure, so I'll aim for that.

I have two options I can think of without needing to build new pods (which I probably should because they don't look the best... ...if I do rebuild, I'll try tweets in the sails and midrange in the same location, slightly more on axis.
    1. Vent the pods into the dash. The pods currently sit on top of the OEM speaker location to vent to.
    2. Use a uniseal and add a length of PVC pipe to gain the additional desired airspace that routes thru the OEM speaker location

Technically, I supposed I can try #1 first then add the pipe if the venting doesn't work out. I'm really liking the punch/kick/attack of the sealed pods, so I'm leaning to staying sealed.
    Testing to come...
    Last edited by James Bang; 1 Week Ago at 02:36 PM.

2. Back To Top    #32

Hole saw set arrives tomorrow so I can drill the vent holes in the dash pods. Uniseal and 1.5" PVC on deck to test afterwards. The pvc pipe will need to be 17" to gain the desired 0.5 liters. The driver side will be able to accommodate that easily, but I'm not so sure about the passenger.

3. Back To Top    #33

No pics, but I've been slowly working on the midbass door enclosures. I can only squeeze in maybe a hour here and there.

I only have a few spot to fill in with bondo hair (sand paper is cheaper than Evercoat products lol) and final body filler before deciding how to finish them. Leaning towards matching the dash pods. I like the slight plush feel the carpet gives under the grill cloth.

4. Back To Top    #34

Aw chit, we're almost there.

I measured one of the door enclosures and it came out to almost perfectly 28 liters /1 cuft, not counting speaker displacement.There was some leakage, but a round of milk shake should handle that.

Some sanding and modifications needed as the passenger side rubs the gasket/molding. It also butts up against the seat adjustment switches, So I'll just be wrapping them with grill cloth without the carpet. Or just leave it be with the groovy bondo camouflage.

The passenger side was fired up for just a few minutes and I'm really liking it, but there's a lot of tactile feel on the passenger seat. Not sure if it's the sub or midbass.

Last edited by James Bang; 3 Days Ago at 07:23 AM.

5. Back To Top    #35

I was also able to add the pvc pipes to the dash pods. They still have a little peak around 250-315hz, but it's far more tamed than prior.
    The deh-80prs is limited to cutting only 6db but more is needed. Using the added EQ on PlexAmp and it's much better.

To get the pvc pipe to fit on the passenger side, the OEM JBL amp had to be removed. It was right next to the ECU, thankfully, it was just the amp that was in the way

Uniseal, PVC, and cap.